The diarist in me wants to complete the saga to date!
So we did Dry Dock and after 3 days of mostly hull blacking toil and Dave welding vital points which included overplating, Needless to say the weather was ‘lucky’ (that what was beyond our control) as summer made a brief appearance. Summer was not the word I used but the locals were adamant it was! AM was lowered back into the ‘Cut’. As hoped for she floated, the dry dock trailer was quickly towed out from under her and back up the ramp. Her engine started started and no sign of sinking so Chris could take her back to the marina. I got in my land wheels and drove to
Mercia, all smiles. I informed the happy (marina) campers that AM was moments away and all was good in our world. Then my phone rang! Captain Chris informed me AM had broken down and he was dealing with it. The domestic goddess in me thought I may as well deal with our laundry in the Cell Block Latrine facitilies and pass the waiting time productively. That is stuff as many clothes into the machine, press the buttons and then go to Global Spirit for a caffeine buzz followed by a walk around the Marina to check the boundaries, get some coins for the clothes dryer, and keep my eye out for AM.
AM did make it back, under her own steam but a bit more diesel cleaning was needed. So we were grounded afloat at our mooring again! But works indoors continued. The walls got painted and IKEA is in the kitchen! We have used their functional storage concepts to maximize our limited galley space and it is fabulous. It looks good, it works and is affordable. At this point we are awaiting the gas to be connected to the hob, and a hole to be drilled into the side of AM (so she sinks, just joking) so the washing up water can drain directly into the canal and not have to be ferried out in a bucket.
We have been busy and that is obvious. The engine is now running as it should and we went out with friends on Saturday onto the canal. I was not that happy about going out as it was really windy in the
Marina. Flat bottom boats and wind are not a happy combination and I was not comfortable. We were being blown close to the moored boats and I had the short pole to try and stop contact. The process meant I came close to falling overboard, sustained a series of injuries which put plasters and arnica cream into use. Then once we got to the canal I put the kettle on and blew up the inverter!
And now, with that shortened version, I am up to date in Blogland.
Only 10 days until DELLA DAY!!!